~July 26, 2005

The Nomenclature Feature

Coulter. An unremarkable name made conspicuous by pop culture. "Oh, any relation to A--" "No."

Tugwell. If it hasn't been a Bond Girl surname, something ain't right in the world.

Tiina. Another instance of that classic dilemma: is it justified by some cultural context with which I am unfamiliar, or is it just a white trash spelling tragedy?

Peterpaul. I hope this guy goes out and gets hitched to a woman named Annmarie.

Haverland. This is what the fellas from The Proclaimers were going on about in that song of theirs, so far as I can tell. Well you know I'm gonna be, gonna be the man who's Haverland t' you.

Berkery is the best American school for musical studies, according to a recent poll of Japanese high schoolers.

Mediatrix. I don't know how this ended up being a name, but it is AWESOME.

And finally, an instrument of faint praise. Gladish. As in, "well, are you glad to see me?" "I'm...Gladish."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home