~July 25, 2005

Valerie Name, Covert CIA Operative

Two more names that pretty much guarantee you won't be prom queen:

Sloat
Strnad

And then there's Null, which invites any number of computer science jokes.

Profit is a family with old money, baby.

So, remember "Alyce" from last week? Here's another one for you:

Fenyx. Again, at a glance I actually like this, but the very thin ice between this and a hair-metal band (or a World of Warcraft character) makes me distance myself from it. And how do you suppose it's pronounced? "FENN-icks" (or maybe "FENN-ucks" for the lazier American Schwa approach) gets my stamp of approval, but I worry that "Phoenix" is a strong possibility. Oy. "Former child-star Rivar Fenyx died today of an intolerably misspelled name."

Krystyna. See above, but without the part where I have any affection toward it whatsoever. I dunno, maybe it's a totally legitimate slavic spelling or something; I'd be glad to hear as much. I suspect, however, that it's just bad, bad judgement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home