~July 12, 2005

Names Digest

No names yesterday! Blast! Well, I was distracted in my obsessive analysis of the faux pas situation. I will repent and give you not one but four names today.

In no particular order:

Humma. This is, I believe the first name of John Malkovich's character in the recent Hitchhikers film. This is the second time I've ever heard it, and this time it seems to belong to an actual human being. To my ears it sounds more like a baseball taunt. "Humma humma suwiiiing batta suwwwwiiiiiiinggg..."

Asimova. This girl would just plain clean up at sci-fi conventions. (Note that I managed to use "clean up" and "sci-fi convention" in the same sentence. I'm considering a move to political speechwriting.)

Perilstein. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a B movie out there starring this guy, based on a script by someone who didn't know Shelly was in the public domain. "RUN! From the monster's approach. SHRIEK! At his hideous visage. FEAR! The perilous menace of the menacing...PERILSTEIN!"

Millward. Word up, homeboy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home