~March 22, 2005

Art Farts, or, How To Succeed In The Gimp Without Really Trying

If it can be deemed success, anyway.

As part of the ongoing attempt to make this blog look a little more interesting, it occurred to me that I should replace the original sick-green portrait I had up, and so I shot a bunch of self portraits with the digicam the other morning. A lot of experimentation, not a lot in the way of interesting results. Oh well: new things.

I did get a few pictures of myself that I liked, and spent a while fiddling around in The Gimp, experimenting with filters and transparency masking and so on, and, hey, I made a few things that I kind of like.

Note: no one has ever said to me, "Josh, you have really good taste and a strong design sense."



A quickie promo for the 4/16 gig.



L: Every day I say I hate my job...



Me and my niece Cregan at a sushi joint.



Me in our building hallway. Check those 80s colors!



Freaky blurry picture made high-contrast b&w and freakier.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey ~ where'd the pictures go? :_(

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home